Pointers, references, virtual function tables and constness 🔴
Following on from the C++ memory model session, this session will cover everything you need to know when using pointers and references, as well as virtual functions and constness:
- The basics of pointers & references
- Taking the address of an object, dereferencing
- Assigning to pointers & assigning into pointers
- The vftable: How do virtual functions work in a class/struct, including how do overrides work?
- Constness, including const member functions
- Const pointers, references and const objects
- Using const references to avoid copies in function invocations
June is the owner of Redpoint Games, where she develops multiplayer and online-focused plugins for the Unreal Engine Marketplace. June has over a decade of programming experience, and has been writing low level C++ code for Unreal Engine for the last few years.
A series of ten 30-minute workshops throughout the day, this course will give you the skills to write Unreal Engine C++ code. We'll be covering everything from memory management through to exposing custom functionality in blueprints, and you can ask questions and engage with the speaker to learn more deeply about the topics you are interested in.